Spring Lamb Skewers and Lemon Pilaf
- Grate zest from half a lemon and cut the rest into wedges. Finely chop the onion. Grate the carrots and combine with the sultanas. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and vinegar.
- To make the pilaf, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and lemon zest and stir to combine. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and squeeze dry with paper towel. Combine with the yogurt and season with salt and black pepper.
- Trim the fat from the lamb and cut the meat into 2cm pieces. Thread onto 4 metal skewers and drizzle with remaining oil. Heat a large frying pan or grill and cook the skewers for 6 minutes or until cooked to your liking, turning every 2 minutes to evenly brown.
- Serve skewers with pilaf, carrot salad, cucumber yogurt and lemon wedges.
Tip: Use any long grain rice to make the pilaf.