Cherry Coconut Almond Fool Recipe
How to Make Cherry Coconut Almond Fool
- Halve and de-stone the cherries, reserving 4 for decoration.
- Place the maple syrup into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the cherries and turn off the heat. Allow the cherries to steep in the syrup until cool.
- Place both cans of coconut milk into a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and thick.
- Strain the cherries, reserving the cherry maple syrup.
- To assemble, divide the cherries between 4 tumblers. Spoon the whipped coconut over the top. Place in the fridge to set for 3 hours.
- Place the flaked almonds into a frying pan, heat gently until golden and toasted then allow to cool.
- Top the cherries and whipped coconut with the cherry maple syrup. Scatter over the toasted flaked almonds and garnish with a whole cherry just before serving.