Thai Beef Omelette Recipe
How to Make Thai Beef Omelette
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat and cook the mince until brown. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli and capsicum and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add fish sauce and tomato and stir through. Season well with cracked black pepper. Check seasoning.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly with a tablespoon of water. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and swirl to coat. Once hot, add beaten eggs and swirl to coat the pan. Once eggs are almost set add half the mince filling and scatter with half the Thai basil leaves. Fold over omelette and tip onto a plate to serve. Repeat to make a second omelette.
Serve omelette with lime wedges and extra basil.
- Use a piece of scrunched up paper towel to help coat the pan evenly with oil before you cook the eggs.
- Keep the first omelette warm in the oven while you make the next one.
*recipe courtesy of the MLA