Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe
How to Make a Vegan Cauliflower Curry
- In a wok (or heavy-based saucepan, sauté the onions in the oil for 4 minutes on a low heat.
- Meanwhile peel the onions, cut into halves and thinly slice. Peel and mince the garlic. Grate or finely chop the ginger. Finely chop the chilli along with the seeds.
- Add the nuts to wok and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, ground cumin, paprika and curry powder. Cook on a low heat for 1 minute, stirring as you cook.
- Add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes to wok, stir in. Grate and juice the lemon. Add the grated lemon rind and juice to the curry sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into eighths and add to the sauce.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the wok. Gently cook for about 25 minutes until the cauliflower is just cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach leaves, stir through and cook another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges, chopped fresh chilli and coriander leaves. Serve alongside cooked basmati rice.