Avocado & Cucumber Bugs Recipe
How to Make Avocado & Cucumber Bugs
- Hard boil the egg for 5 minutes. Then drain, peel and set aside.
- Halve the advocados and carefully scoop out the flesh – each half complete – with a metal spoon.
- Lightly toast the chia seeds in a dry pan, until golden.
- Toast the bread (or bagels, then halve) and spread with cream cheese.
- Assemble your bugs!
- Put half an avocado on top of half a toasted bread slice (or bagel).
- Slice it widthways into strips to form the body.
- Pop a couple of blueberries on for eyes.
- Cut some tiny cucumber strips to make the legs and feet.
- Use a tiny strip of tomato to make the tongue!
- Crush half an avocado with a fork onto half a toasted bread slice (or bagel).
- Cut the hardboiled egg into flat slices. Place them onto the toast to form the frog’s eyes.
- Add 2 slices of olive on top of the eggs, for the eyes.
- Carve a cheesy grin out of some cucumber skin!
- Put half an avocado on top of half a toasted bread slice (or bagel). Cut it into chunks by slicing first lengthways and then widthways.
- Remove some of the avocado from one end to make room for the cucumber head.
- Slice off the tip of the cucumber, then cut it in half lengthways.
- Add it onto the toast (or bagel) to form the head of the turtle (see image).
- Use tiny blobs of cream cheese to stick 2 sultanas to the head, to form the eyes.
- Cut 4 half-slices of cucumber to form the flippers.
- Sprinkle with toasted chia seeds.