Beef & Ale Pie Recipe
How to Make Beef and Ale Pie
- Place flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Toss beef through the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add beef and cook until golden brown, then add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. Then add lager, stock, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1½ hours or until meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line a French pan with the puff pastry, allowing pastry to overhang.
- Add meat mixture to pastry and cover the filling with more pastry. Cut excess pastry off around the edges, then crimp and twist around the edge.
- Brush beaten egg over the top of pie and place in oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
Recipe: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen