Cauliflower Tacos with Chilli & Lime Recipe
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos with Chilli & Lime
- Place cauliflower in a large saucepan and just cover with water. Simmer for 4 minutes, or until cauliflower is just soft. Remove from water, drain and set aside to cool.
- To make the sauce, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adding small amounts of water to adjust the consistency as you go. Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs, LSA, spices and salt in a large shallow bowl and mix.
- Crack the eggs into a separate shallow bowl and whisk.
- Toss cauliflower in egg, followed by the bread crumb mix, making sure to get a nice even coating. Set aside.
- Half fill a large frying pan with vegetable oil and place over high heat. Allow to heat for a few minutes then, using a slotted spoon, shallow fry the cauliflower in batches. Place on paper towel to drain.
- Heat soft shell tacos according to packet and top with red cabbage, coriander, cauliflower and a drizzle of the sauce.
Method – Vegan friendly and oven baked option*
- Preheat oven at 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place cashews in bowl and cover with water, set aside. In a separate bowl, combine LSA mix and water and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized florets (no stalks) Mix bread crumbs with all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss through cauliflower florets with wet LSA mix to coat and then coat with bread crumb mix.
- Place in oven dish. Spray cauliflower with oil and oven bake for 45-50 minutes, or until just soft.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare dipping sauce.
- Drain and discard water from cashews that have been soaking. Place cashews, coconut yogurt, garlic and chilli flakes into a blender and pulse until all combined.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, serve with dipping sauce for a healthy snack.
*Vegan and oven baked recipe version courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen.