How to Make a Chicken Hot Pot
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based, flame-proof casserole dish over medium heat. Add the chicken portions and brown in batches for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, over a low heat for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and flour and cook for a further minute. Add chicken stock powder, water and oregano and bring to the boil while stirring. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the casserole dish, season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the wedges of pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Heat small frying pan to medium-high and add the pepitas. Keep them moving around the pan so they don’t burn and cook for 1-3 minutes until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve the chicken hot pot with the wedges of pumpkin, sprinkled with the toasted pepitas. Accompany with steamed Brussels sprouts.