Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe
How to Make a Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced ovens). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take salmon and cut each piece into bite-sized chunks (approx. 5 pieces per portion). In a bowl, add oyster sauce and sesame seeds. Add salmon pieces and mix well ensuring all salmon is coated. Place salmon on baking tray and cover with remaining with sauce. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove salmon and set aside to cool. Cook microwave rice according to packet directions and set aside to cool.
- To prepare vegetables: wash vegetables, open and deseed the capsicum. Peel carrot and cut into thin sticks. Cut capsicum into thin strips. Using a peeler, peel thin strips of the cucumber, roll up and set aside.
- Cut avocado into 4 pieces and slice a third of the way into each piece and slightly spread apart to create a fan. Set aside.
- To assemble poke bowl: into 4 bowls, evenly distibute the rice on one side. Then layer and add vegetables and avocado around the bowl, leaving a space for the salmon. Add the cooked salmon on top of the rice. Garnish with a lime wedge and parsley.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen