Hearty Minestrone Recipe
How to Make a Hearty Minestrone
- Peel and finely chop the onion, pumpkin and carrots.
- Wipe and chop the celery finely. Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, garlic and celery in the olive oil for a few minutes, then add the chopped carrots and pumpkin.
- Add the boiling water and tomatoes, then crumble over the stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring as you cook.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, oregano and pepper, then season with some salt and cook for 15 minutes.
- Shred the cabbage and chop the zucchini finely, then add to the pan and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Add the drained beans to the pan.
- Slice the spinach leaves roughly and add to the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then serve.
TIP: Once cooled, keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.