Mediterranean Poke Bowl with Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
How to Make a Mediterranean Poke Bowl with Marinated Mushrooms
- Make marinated mushrooms first. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic and thyme in a shallow bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add mushrooms. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 150°C (fan-forced). On a baking tray lined with baking paper, add sunflower seeds and pepitas evenly on the tray. Cook for 5 minutes, remove from oven and turn over, lifting with a spoon. Re-spread evenly on the tray. Cook for a further 5 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce between 4 bowls. Start plating up your poke bowls by arranging cucumber, tomatoes and radish over salad.
- Drain marinated mushrooms, reserving 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Add mushrooms to the serving bowls.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to reserved marinade. Stir to combine. Set aside to dress poke bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add haloumi. Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden and soft. Arrange haloumi in bowls. Drizzle with dressing.
- To serve: sprinkle over the toasted seed mix.
*TIP: For added flavour, add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce to the sunflower seeds and mix though, before adding to baking tray.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Costa