Mushroom Fettuccine Bolognese Recipe
How to Make Mushroom Fettuccine Bolognese
- Finely dice onion, celery and carrots. Slice flat mushrooms. Preheat oven to 160°C (or 140°C fan forced).
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based pot. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add tomato paste and herbs then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another minute then add stock, tinned tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Place lid onto pot and simmer to reduce by half.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and season with 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook fettuccine according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, in a small frypan, add a drizzle of olive oil and the button mushrooms. Set aside to garnish the dish.
- Add several baby truss tomatoes to a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Season with salt and cracked pepper. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain pasta and reserve 1 tablespoon of the pasta water. Add pasta to the pot of sauce, with the reserved pasta water. Drizzle with olive oil and toss pasta through sauce.
- Serve with cooked mushrooms, baby truss tomatoes and top with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
RECIPE: courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen