One Pot Shepherd’s Pie with Parmesan Mash Recipe
How to Make One Pot Shepherd’s Pie with Parmesan Mash
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan filled with cold water and seasoned with salt. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the beef mince and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until browned.Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add garlic, flour, paprika, thyme, rosemary and tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and stir to combine. Allow to gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until mixture has thickened slightly. Sit mixture, smooth with wooden spoon, ready to add parmesan mash.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170°C (or 150°C if fan forced oven).
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter, milk and ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mash together, then stir with wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the potatoes over the meat. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and garnish with sprigs of thyme.
- Place on middle rack of preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed green beans or winter salad.