Pork, Apple & Bacon Meatloaf Recipe
How to Make Pork, Apple & Bacon Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (or 160˚Cfan-forced oven). Grease and line a 6-cup capacity loaf pan with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang on the long sides.
- Peel, core and finely dice apple.
- Heat oil and half of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, three-quarters of the apple and three-quarters of the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pork mince, mustard, sage, egg, cooled onion mixture and half of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Press pork mixture into the prepared pan.
- Combine remaining bacon, apple and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Melt remaining butter and add to bacon mixture and stir until combined. Sprinkle mixture over top of loaf, pressing gently.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan.Transfer meatloaf onto a serving board. Slice and serve with tomato chutney, steamed new potatoes and green beans.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Pork