Spaghetti with Spicy Salmon and Olives Recipe
How to Make Spaghetti with Spicy Salmon and Olives
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water to packet directions (or until al dente).
- Drain the salmon and set aside. Drain olives, remove the pits and roughly chop. Add the salmon to the olives. Stir to combine.
- Toast pine nuts by dry frying over a medium heat, moving around continuously, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil into a large frying pan set over a medium heat. Slice the garlic and add to pan, cooking until softened.
- Using tongs, carefully lift out pasta from pot, shaking off excess water. Transfer the cooked pasta to the salmon mixture, along with a splash of the pasta water. Turn off the heat, add the parsley and toasted pine nuts and stir.
- Add lemon juice and chilli (if using) to taste and serve immediately.
Tip: Try substituting the olives for chopped, roasted red capsicum (peppers) or artichokes.