Stuffed Butternut Pumpkin Roast Recipe
How to Make Maple Glazed Ham
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180ºC fan-forced).
- Wash and then slice the butternut pumpkin in half lengthways. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Brush the cut sides with oil and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until the flesh is just tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool, enough to handle.
- Take the halves of butternut pumpkin and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving a 1.5cm-thick shell.
- Reserve the cooked flesh.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chick peas, cranberries and stock and cook for 5 minutes or until the cranberries and chick peas have softened. Slightly crush the chick peas with the back of a fork.
- Mix through the reserved cooked butternut flesh, bread crumbs, chopped spinach and almonds.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Fill the 2 halves of butternut pumpkin with the mixture, not over filling. (There might be some leftover filling, depending on the size of the butternut pumpkin.)
- Carefully place the 2 halves together and tie with kitchen twine to secure.
- Place on a baking tray and roast for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Cut into thick slices to serve.
- Serve with tomato chutney or vegan gravy.