Valentine’s Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
How to Make Valentine’s Cauliflower Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced).
- Put the cauliflower rice in a frypan and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Drain well and wipe down frypan.
- Into a food processor, add the chick peas, chia seeds and the cauliflower rice and blend well.
- Put this mixture back into the frypan and dry out over a low heat. Once dried out, let cool slightly. Put the mixture into a bowl, add the cheddar cheese and the egg and mix until well combined. This mixture is your cauliflower pizza base.
- On a large, greased baking sheet, make the cauliflower mix into the shape of a heart. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Drain the tinned tomatoes and liquidise (in your blender or stick mixer) along with the dried basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the bocconcini or mozzarella cheese and slice. Remove the pith and seeds from the capsicum and slice.
- Remove the cauliflower pizza base from the oven. Gently spread over the tomato sauce. Top with the sliced mozzarella cheese, sliced capsicum, prosciutto and the black olives.
- Bake in the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Top with fresh, sliced baby tomatoes if using and enjoy!
*Note: Make your own cauliflower rice by rinsing the cauliflower then pat dry. Cut into quarters (remove and discard the thick stem) and then roughly chop each part (you can freeze these for use in another recipe).
Using food processor, and in 2 separate batches, add chopped cauliflower and process each batch until the cauliflower resembles couscous. Put the ‘cauliflower rice’ into a bowl and mix with a dash of olive oil and season with some salt and black pepper and mix well.
TIP: You can use any toppings you like on your pizza.