How to Make Apple Slaw
- Remove the outer leaves and the stalk from the cabbage and discard (great addition to your compost). Very thinly shred the rest of the cabbage, using a mandolin slicer.
- Wash and dry the limes. Into a large mixing bowl, finely grate the rind from all 3 limes, then juice them into the bowl.
- Cut the chilli in half lengthways and thinly slice, along with the seeds. Add the slices and seeds into the bowl with the lime juice.
- Wash the dry the apples. Coarsely grate them, with skin on. Add the grated apple to the lime juice bowl. Toss well to prevent the apples turning brown.
- Add the shredded cabbage, spring onions and mayonnaise to the bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Mix slaw well until all ingredients are well combined. Taste and season with more pepper if required.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!