Broccoli and Quinoa Cakes with Dijon Lemon Aioli Recipe
How to Make Broccoli and Quinoa Cakes with Dijon Lemon Aioli
- Prepare quinoa according to packet directions. While it is cooking, chop the broccoli very finely.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, place the still hot, cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Use a fork to break up the quinoa. Add chopped broccoli, chives, cheese, chilli flakes and minced garlic. Sprinkle the teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper over the ingredients and stir well to combine. (The hot quinoa will soften the raw broccoli).
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Stir through the almond meal, mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- The mixture should just be slightly sticky and easily formed into cakes.
- Wet your hands and shape 4 large cakes.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium heat. Carefully place the cakes into the oil and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Fry for about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden on both sides.
- While cakes are frying, make the dressing by combining mayonnaise, dijon mustard and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir through the crushed garlic, paprika and salt and pepper. Set dressing aside until broccoli cakes are ready.
- Place cooked broccoli and quinoa cakes on paper towel to drain.
- Serve cakes warm on a plate. Drizzle over the dressing. Garnish with chopped chives.
Tip: Serve with your favourite green salad.