Cheesy Vegemite Stuffed Damper Rolls Recipe
How to Make Cheesy Vegemite Stuffed Damper Rolls
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water to the flour mixture and, using a knife, cut through, until the mixture just comes together, add 1-2 tablespoons extra water if the mixture is a little dry. Use your hands to form a dough ball.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Cut the damper dough into thirds and shape into 3 equal-sized balls. Place each damper ball on the lined tray. Press each one, lightly with fingertips. Dust the dampers with a little extra flour and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the dampers are cooked through and sound hollow when tapped on their bases.
- Transfer dampers onto a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whilst they are cooling, cut up carrots and celery sticks. In a microwave container, add cheese spread and microwave in 20 second bursts, on medium heat, until it is runny.
- With a serrated-edge knife, carefully remove the lids from each of the dampers and hollow out the middle. Fill each damper with the warm cheese.
- Add the thickened cream to the vegemite and stir to combine.
- Add the vegemite mix to the cheese and swirl though.
- Serve warm with carrots, celery and crackers.
Optional: Use other vegetables such as broccoli for dipping.