Chorizo & Prawn Bites Recipe
How to Make Chorizo and Prawn Bites
- Peel and cook potatoes until soft, then drain and mash with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Place onion, chorizo, prawns and garlic in a blender until they resemble a small dice. Mix into the mashed potato. Add chives along with egg, flour, pepper and salt. Mix well together.
- Roll the mixture into 40g balls, set aside and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Set up the crumbing station. For dish 1 – add your plain flour. Dish 2 – lightly whisk egg and milk. Then for dish 3, add the breadcrumbs.
- Roll each ball through the flour and then egg wash, finally coating with the breadcrumbs. Allow to set in the fridge for half an hour before frying.
- Heat oil in pan (or use a fryer). Cook in small batches at a time, until each chorizo bite is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and dipping salsa on the side.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen