How to Make Halloumi Roasted Broccoli with Caramelised Onion
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced).
- Make caramelised onions. Place a shallow frypan on medium heat. Place the olive oil, butter and sliced onions in the pan and sauté for about 10 minutes until onions are very soft and golden in colour.
- Stir the vinegar and sugar through the onions. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place broccoli heads on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Make 2 incisions in each piece of broccoli at 2cm intervals.
- Fill each broccoli cavity with the caramelised onion and halloumi slices. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until the halloumi is golden and melted.
- Garnish with a few chilli flakes and serve warm.