Kale Bread Recipe
How to Make Kale Bread
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the kale into a food processor and pour over the boiling water – process until the kale is well chopped.
- Put this in with the flour mixture, along with the olive oil and mix well.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead well for about 7 minutes.
- Place back into the bowl, somewhere warm, covered with a tea towel and leave to prove for 45 minutes.
- Oil the loaf tin with the olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Turn out the dough and knead again for about 5 minutes.
- Shape into an oblong and roll up.
- Put the rolled up dough into the cake tin, cover with a towel and allow to rise for a further 40 minutes.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.