Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
How to Make Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced oven).
- Thinly slice potatoes with a sharp knife, three-quarters of the way through, from one end to the other.
- Place potatoes onto lined baking tray and cover with canola spray, season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 1 hour.
- While potatoes are cooking, add garlic to butter and melt in microwave for 1 minute, then set aside until needed.
- Dice bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy, then remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Mix together in a bowl the cheeses and breadcrumbs.
- After 1 hour, remove potatoes from the oven, pierce potatoes with a knife to ensure they are cooked through, if not give them more time in the oven until soft.
- When cooked, baste with the butter/garlic mix, then put cheese/breadcrumb mix in between the potato slices.
- Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes, just to melt the cheese. Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper and put bacon on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle chopped chives over the top of the potatoes. Dollop potatoes with sour cream if desired and serve immediately.
Recipe: Courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen