Middle Eastern Style Beef Kebabs and Cous Cous Tabouli Recipe
How to make Middle Eastern Style Beef Kebabs and Cous Cous Tabouli
- Combine beef mince, spice mix, mint, egg yolk and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, bring the mixture together and knead until just combined. Shape mixture into 12 x 12cm long sausage shapes and thread onto 12 greased metal skewers or 12 soaked bamboo skewers. Transfer to a plate and chill for 20 minutes to set firm.
- Meanwhile, place the cous cous and ¼ cup boiling water into a heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until the cous cous has absorbed the water. Using a fork, fluff to separate the grains. Stir the parsley, spring onion, oil, tomato and extra mint leaves into the cous cous until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the cheeks off the lemons. Set the cheeks aside. Squeeze the remaining lemon over the cous cous tabouli.
- Preheat a char-grill to medium. Cook beef kebabs for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden and just cooked. Adding the lemon cheeks, flesh side down, to grill plate in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer beef kebabs and lemon cheeks to serving plates. Serve with cous cous tabouli.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Beef