Mini Pea, Mint & Goat’s Cheese Quiche Recipe
How to Make Mini Pea, Mint & Goat’s Cheese Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (or 160˚C fan-forced).
- Lay out a sheet of baking paper and place a sheet of pastry onto baking paper. Using a 7-8cm fluted-edge cutter, cut out 4 circles and place into a 12-hole cupcake tin. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of pastry.
- Cut a piece of greaseproof paper slightly bigger than the baking tin, scrunch it up and cut into 12 squares. Place a square over each pastry and fill with baking beans (or dried lentils). This is a bit fiddly but it is worth it to have crisp pastry bases!
- Cook in the oven for 5-8 minutes, then remove the baking beans and greaseproof paper, remove from oven and let cool.
- As the pastry cases cool, beat the egg yolk, milk and chopped mint leaves together. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Mix again.
- When the pastry has cooled, cut the goat’s cheese into 1cm cubes and distribute evenly, along with the frozen peas, between the pastry cases.
- Place in the oven before pouring the egg mixture into each pastry case – avoid spilling. Be careful not to overfill or it will make it difficult to remove from the tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the quiche fillings have set.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.
Tip: Serve either straight away or chilled as a lunchbox treat. Also goes well with salad.