How to Make Mixed Leaf Salad with Beetroot and Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place walnuts on a lined baking tray and toast for arond 3-5 minutes then remove.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard and salt and pepper into a jar with lid or a shaker. Shake until all combined.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans.
- In a serving bowl place mixed leaf salad, add some dressing and toss to combine. Add cannellini beans, toasted walnuts and quartered beetroot.
- Grill sliced haloumi on both sides for up to 5 minutes. If using feta cheese, cubed the cheese and warm through in dry frying pan.
- Pour a little more dressing on the salad before adding either feta cheese or griled haloumi on top.
- Serve while warm.