Salmon California Roll Stuffed Avocado Recipe
How to Make Salmon California Roll Stuffed Avocado
- Place salmon and lemon rind in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through. Drain. Discard rind. Cool salmon for 5 minutes. Remove skin and use a fork to flake salmon into small pieces.
- Combine the diced red red onion and cucumber in a medium bowl. Add ½ the mayonnaise and stir to combine. Gently fold through the cooked salmon.
- Combine the remaining mayonnaise with ½ an avocado and mix into a smooth paste and spread in a smear pattern on 4 serving plates. (If using wasabi paste, mix that with mayonnaise to smear onto the plates.)
- Cut a sliver off the base of each avocado half so that they sit flat on serving plates. Place halved avocado in the centre of each smear of mayonnaise mixture.
- Fill avocados with the salmon mixture.
Optional: Garnish with black sesame seeds and microherbs, to serve.