Smoked Salmon Gratin Recipe
How to Make a Smoked Salmon Gratin
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Spread butter over the bottom and sides of a 26cm ovenproof, cast iron French pan.
- Sprinkle the butter with salt and pepper.
- Begin laying the first of three layers of potatoes onto the bottom of the pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with the first single layer of potatoes and season the potatoes with a little salt.
- Lay single pieces of salmon on top of the potatoes.
- Drizzle 100g of the thickened cream over the salmon and potatoes.
- Repeat this process twice more until you have three layers.
- Top the gratin with parmesan cheese, cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake a further 15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft and the top is nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with freshly chopped chives.
Tip: The potatoes can be sliced by hand or you can use a mandolin slicer for easier, quicker slicing.