How to Make Stuffed Capsicum (with Mince, Rice and Herbs)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat oil in a large frypan and add onion and garlic. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add mince and fry until just browned. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano and cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Cut the stem end off the capsicum to expose the seeds inside. Remove the seeds and membrane from each capsicum, then place capsicums in a baking dish that will fit all 6.
- Fill each capsicum loosely with the meat mixture and replace the capsicum top. Pour the stock into the baking dish so it surrounds the base of each capsicum.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 1½ hours. Check that rice is cooked, if not, return to oven for a further 15 minutes. Serve immediately.