Sweetcorn, Bacon & Vegetable Fritters Recipe
How to Make Sweetcorn, Bacon & Vegetable Fritters
- Finely chop the bacon then sauté with a little oil in a frying pan until slightly browned. Drain and let cool. Put into a mixing bowl.
- Drain the sweetcorn kernels and add to the chopped bacon.
- Pat zucchini with paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- In another bowl lightly whisk the eggs and milk, season with some black pepper, then add to the bacon mix.
- Add flour and mix slowly, beating as you mix.
- Add some oil to the pan then heat. Add tablespoons of the mixture and fry on either side until golden brown. Do this in batches.
- Cut the tomatoes in half then grill until browned. Serve the fritters with the tomatoes. Add a garnish of smashed avocado.*
Tip 1: *Try serving with smashed avocado, mixed with lemon as a delicious garnish.
Tip 2: This is great recipe to make the evening before, so you have plenty of time for school lunches.
Tip 3: Team up these fritters with a crunchy coleslaw or a fresh salad. Or be adventurous and substitute zucchini or grated carrot, or another favourite vegetable for an alternative fritter.