- To season the mince, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, minced garlic and crushed chilli. Toss the mince meat with the sauce to coat completely and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Whilst meat is marinating, add rice to a rice cooker or cook on the stovetop by your preferred method.
- Toast the sesame seeds by heating a dry pan on medium-low heat. Add the seeds and toast lightly in pan. Gently shake the pan so the sesame seeds keep moving and don’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Into the same pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the mushrooms until soft. Remove from pan and set aside. Sauté the carrots lightly, remove from pan and set aside. Sauté the spinach, remove from pan and set aside. Lastly, lightly sauté the spring onions and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan on medium heat and cook the prepared mince. Once the mince is cooked, remove from heat and set aside. In a clean pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the eggs.
- Assemble in 4 serving bowls placing 1 cup of rice in each bowl. Top the rice in sections with the mince, spinach, carrots, mushrooms and onions. Top each bowl with an egg and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes (if using).