Pork, Leek & Apple Pot Pies Recipe
How to Make Pork, Leek & Apple Pot Pies
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly coat pork with flour, shaking off excess. Cook pork, in batches, until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil and butter to pan. When butter has melted, add carrots, leeks and apple. Cook for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Stir mustard, stock and cream into vegetables. Return pork to pan and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir in sage and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (or 160˚C fan forced). Spoon pork mixture into 4 x 1½ cups capacity heatproof bowls or ramekins.
- Cut 4 x 15cm rounds from pastry and place over bowls. Cut a small cross in the middle of pastry to allow steam to escape from pies. Brush egg over pastry.
- Place bowls onto a baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Serve with tomato chutney and fried sage leaves (optional).
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Pork