Honey Wrapped Pears Recipe
How to Make Honey Wrapped Pears
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° if using fan-forced oven). Line a baking sheet with Goliath baking paper.
- Peel the pears, being careful to leave the stem in, and then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar and honey; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the pears, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and vanilla. Simmer until the pears are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once the pears are tender, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Simmer the poaching liquid until reduced to ½ cup.
- Cut pastry into 1cm strips and wrap around pears, starting at the base and working up to the top.
- Place pears on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a drizzle of the poaching reduction.
- Serve with Monarc Indulge Vanilla Ice Cream