Pumpkin and Avocado Nachos Recipe
How to make Pumpkin and Avocado Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Place the pumpkin cubes in a medium-sized pan of water and bring to the boil. Boil for about 5 minutes until the cubes are soft. Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle a shallow frypan with olive oil and sauté the beef mince over medium heat.
- Once the meat has browned, stir through the tomato paste and sprinkle with the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Stir until the tomato paste is dissolved.
- Place the corn chips on a shallow baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle the beef mince over the top.
- Top with a little grated cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- While the cheese is melting, make the sour cream topping, by placing the sour cream, yogurt and chopped coriander (if using) in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and top with fresh slices of avocado, cooked pumpkin cubes, jalapeño slices (if using). Add dollops of the sour cream mixture, any remaining cheese and fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
- Using the ½ lime, squeeze over top of nachos (optional).
- Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander leaves (if using).
- Serve immediately, with lime wedges and refrigerate any leftovers.
Tip: You may not use all the sour cream, if so, cover and refrigerate to use later as a dip or dollop over baked potatoes.
Optional: Sprinkle ½ cup red kidney beans on nachos before baking, substitute mozzarella cheese for tasty cheese or omit coriander if you don’t like it.