Broccoli & Leek Soup Recipe
How to Make Broccoli & Leek Soup
- Remove stems from broccoli* and chop the florets. Cut leek in half, then slice into 1cm rounds. Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add leek and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add broccoli florets and toss for 3 minutes, then add the vegetable stock. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add in the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and let cool slightly. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup evenly amongst bowls and top each with a dollop of cream and stir into soup. Drizzle olive oil in a circular pattern and garnish with torn fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
*TIP: Use the peeled and sliced stems of the broccoli in your salad or freeze for use another time.