Beef Eye Fillet with Lentils and Crispy Sprouts Recipe
How to make Beef Eye Fillet with Lentils and Crispy Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced).
- Toss the brussels sprouts with half of the olive oil and place on a baking tray. Season well and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy at the edges. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over a high heat. Rub the steaks with a little olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Place in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until nicely coloured.
- Transfer the steaks to a baking tray and bake until cooked to your liking. Once ready, set aside to allow it to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining oil into the frying pan and set over a medium heat. Add the onion and rosemary and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the drained lentils and balsamic vinegar and stir unti warmed through.
- Gently stir in the parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice the rested steaks. Divide the warm lentils between 4 plates and dot with the fetta. Add the brussels sprouts and sliced steak and serve.
Tip: You can substitute eye fillet steaks with rump, porterhouse or scotch fillet.
Optional: You can substitute the lentils with other tinned pulses, such as chick peas or mixed beans.