Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Soup with Chilli Choc Roasted Chick Peas Recipe
How to Make Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Soup with Chilli Choc Roasted Chick Peas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut skin from pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into 3cm chunks. Place on one baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Drain, rinse and dry the chick peas with paper towel. Place in a medium bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and place on remaining baking tray. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden. Lightly dust with chilli powder.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add roasted pumpkin and chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Chop the chocolate. Add chocolate and nutmeg and stir until chocolate melts. Blend until smooth using a stick blender. Thin with water if it is too thick.
- Chop the extra chocolate. Top soup with a swirl of cream and the roasted chick peas. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and chocolate.