Pumpkin and Citrus Chutney Recipe
How to Make Pumpkin and Citrus Chutney
- Place the sugar and vinegar into a large saucepan and stir to combine. Add the diced onion, minced ginger and cinnamon.
- Dissolve the sugar mixture over low heat then increase the heat to bring it to a rapid boil.
- After 5 minutes, add the diced pumpkin, peaches, orange juice and zest. Bring back to the boil and cook until the chutney is thick, the fruit has disintegrated and the pumpkin is soft but still has some shape.
- Add chilli flakes and stir through.
- Transfer the chutney to a clean airtight container or jar and cool slightly before placing in refrigerator until needed.
- Allow the chutney to mature for a week before using, to develop flavour.
OPTIONAL: Add raisins to the chutney mix.