Mexican Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
How to Make Mexican Stuffed Capsicum
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180° fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve the red capsicum crossways and scoop out seeds and pith. Place on baking tray and bake in oven for 10 minutes or until a little tender.
- Cook the microwaveable rice pouch to packet directions and fluff into a bowl, with a fork. Set aside.
- Remove stalk of green capsicum and carefully remove pith and seeds. Finely chop the green capsicum and the onion. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and green capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin and paprika and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the brown rice and quinoa, black beans, salsa, corn and honey and half cup water to frypan. Cook for 1 minute, stirring, until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Fold through three-quarters of the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the halved capsicum and return to baking tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the filling is heated through, the capsicum tender and cheese melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with pepitas and serve with lemon wedges. Garnish with coriander sprigs, if using.