Autumn Roast Veg Salad with Tahini Dressing Recipe
How to make Autumn Roast Veg Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Place the cauliflower and butternut pumpkin into a large mixing bowl and toss with enough oil to coat the vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper and tip onto 2 large baking sheets, spacing the vegetables well apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes then scatter over the chick peas and drizzle with a little more oil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until vegetables are coloured and chick peas are a little crispy.
- You may need to swap the oven trays over halfway through to get an even colouring. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans on a small oven tray lined with baking paper. Top with the maple syrup and chilli flakes and season with salt. Toss to coat and bake for 10 minutes until caramelised.
- Make your own tahini dressing by lightly pan-frying sesame seeds, on low heat, for 4-5 minutes until lightly coloured. Place sesame seeds in blender. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Purée until smooth and creamy. If too thick in consistency, add extra tablespoon of oil. Scrape into a bowl and season with salt. Taste test for seasoning. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 months.
- When salad is ready to serve, place a frying pan over a medum-high heat and fry the halloumi slices in a little oil until nicely browned on both sides.
- Place the roasted vegetables and chick peas into a large mixing bowl with the kale and apple. Add tahini dressing to taste and tip into a serving bowl.
- Top with the pecans and halloumi and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Add another drizzle of dressing and serve.
Tip: You can substitute the butternut for kent pumpkin. To save time (and a cooking step), try swapping the pan-fried halloumi with marinated fetta.
Recipe: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen