Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Garlic, Lemon and Ricotta Recipe
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower, Garlic, Lemon and Ricotta Pasta
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Place cauliflower florets in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, 2 teaspoons of the minced garlic, paprika and some chilli flakes. Add half of the lemon zest and toss well.
- Spread coated cauliflower out in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place into the middle of the hot oven. Roast for approximately 20-25 minutes, until tender, golden and slightly browned in places.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the pasta according to packet directions.
- While pasta is cooking, toast the walnuts over a medium heat in a dry frypan. Toss and move around pan until lightly toasted. Set aside and once cool enough to handle, crush (using a rolling pin). Set aside.
- Drain pasta and add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle generously with olive oil to coat the pasta. Add the chopped parsley, remaining lemon zest, crushed toasted walnuts and remaining minced garlic. Once cauliflower is done, add it to the bowl and toss with pasta to combine.
- Place into a large serving bowl and garnish with dollops of ricotta cheese. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
Option: Garnish with parmesan cheese instead of ricotta.
Tip: For an extra spicy kick, sprinkle with dried chilli flakes, to garnish.