Lemon & Garlic Chicken Thighs with Salsa Recipe
How to Make Lemon & Garlic Chicken Thighs with Salsa
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced)
- Break up one of the bulbs of garlic and peel all the cloves.
- Put these in a food processor with the soy sauce, 30ml olive oil, paprika, ginger, crushed chillies and the juice of one lemon.
- Process until you have a smooth sauce.
- Cut some slashes into the tops of each of the chicken thighs.
- In a large bowl, toss the thighs with the chilli and oil mix and some black pepper then put the thighs in a large roasting tray.
- Slice the celery into chunks.
- Peel the garlic and onion and slice with the remaining lemon.
- Cut the chilli in half lengthways and put it in with the chicken, along with the celery, lemon slices and peeled garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes then check the chicken is cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly then remove the chillies, red onion, celery and garlic and place in a food processor, along with the fresh herbs and a little olive oil. Blend until you are happy with the consistency of your salsa
- Drizzle the salsa over the chicken and garnish with fresh Basil.
Serve immediately with your favourite side dish