Pan-seared Tasmanian Salmon with Corn Fritters
- Rinse and drain corn. Grate 1 teaspoon zest from the lemon and cut into 6 wedges. Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and add milk. Lightly beat using a fork. Add flour and corn and season with salt and black pepper. Gently stir to mix together.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a drizzle of oil. Drop 1/4-cupfuls of mixture into the pan to make fritters. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Cook mixture in 4 batches, adding oil when necessary. There should be 12 fritters. Keep warm while you cook the salmon.
- Carefully cut skin from salmon and reserve. Season skin and salmon with salt and pepper. Rub lemon zest over salmon pieces.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add salmon skin and salmon to pan. Cook skin for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Cook salmon for 1 minute each side or until cooked to your liking. Squeeze over the juice of 2 lemon wedges in last minute of cooking.
- Toss salad with oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with fritters, salmon, salmon skin and lemon wedges.
TIP: If you have home-grown chives or parsley, sprinkle over fritters to serve.