Eggplant Chips with Sweet Chilli Sauce Recipe
How to make Eggplant Chips with Sweet Chilli Sauce
- To make the sauce, place the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar into a small saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for a minute or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Discard the eggplant stalk and cut into chunky chips, measuring approximately 1.5cm thick.
- Heat the oil to 180°C in a frying pan or deep fryer.
- Add the self raising flour and corn flour into a mixing bowl and combine. Pour in the soda water and whisk until you have a very light batter. You may need to add another tablespoon of soda water if the batter is too thick.
- Dip the eggplant pieces, one by one, into the batter and place into the hot oil. Cook for about 2 minutes or until cooked through and crispy. You will need to do this is in several batches. Drain on a cooling rack to maintain their crunch.
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with the shallots, toasted sesame seeds and chilli. Serve hot.