Eggplant Haloumi Wraps Recipe
How to Make Eggplant Haloumi Wraps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Trim the stalk end of the eggplant, then cut into 5mm slices lengthways. You should get approximately 16 strips.
- Heat a grill pan until hot. Spray the eggplant slices and the grill pan lightly with olive oil spray and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Cook in batches if necessary, until the slices are charred and tender. Place cooked eggplant slices on paper towel and set aside.
- Cut the halloumi into finger-sized sticks. Cook on the lightly oiled grill plate until heated through. Cook on both sides.
- Carefully wrap each halloumi stick in a strip of eggplant and place on the tray, seam-side down. Season with black pepper and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and drizzle with a little more honey.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.