Vegetable & Egg Crepes Recipe
How to Make Vegetable and Egg Crepes
- Place flour, salt, milk, 4 of the eggs and butter into a food processor or blender. Blend for a minute until smooth. Pour through a sieve and refrigerate for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan and add mushrooms and leek. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the same pan and cook for a few minutes until browned, then remove from pan.
- Wipe out pan and add a knob of butter, ladle in enough crepe mixture to cover the base of the pan, roll pan around so that crepe mixture covers the pan evenly. Cook for 1 minute until the base is light brown and crispy at the edges, flip and cook for a further minute. Repeat until all batter is used. While crepes are still hot, begin to fold up the sides of the circle to form a square. Stack and let rest for a few minutes. Stacking will help the crepes to retain their shape.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced).
- Spread crepes over 2 baking paper-lined baking trays.
- Temporarily open each crepe and fill with a layer of baby spinach and mushrooms. Then carefully add a few spears of asparagus to each and crack 1 egg into each. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese and place into the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Whilst in the oven, cook bacon in a large frying pan until just crispy.*
- Serve each crepe with a rasher of bacon and fresh basil leaves.
Tip: For a vegetarian option, swap out bacon for grilled tomato slices.