Grilled Mango Sundae with Chilli Lime Salt Recipe
How to Make Grilled Mango Sundae with Chilli Lime Salt
- Make the meringues first. Use an electric whisk, to whisk the egg whites for a few minutes until they form soft peaks. When the meringues have reached this stage, slowly start to add the caster sugar, a bit at a time. Whisking in between until all the sugar is comined and the meringues are glossy and hold a stiff peak.
- Using a metal spoon, equally divide mixture into 6 meringue rounds and bake in oven for 2 hours, then leave in oven (turned off) until cooled completely. Place in fridge.
- Make the chilli, lime and mint salt. Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat barbecue or chargrill pan to high heat. Drizzle mango with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (1-2 minutes each side). Cool briefly, peel skin off and divide among bowls along with the lime segments.
- Toast the sesame seeds. Place the seeds in a dry frypan on medium heat until lightly browned, continuously moving so they don’t stick and burn. Set aside to cool.
- Remove meringue and crumble into pieces, set aside. Drizzle a little olive oil over the grilled mango slices and lightly sprinkle with the chilli, lime and mint salt. Add to serving bowls.
- Add crumbled meringue, top with coconut ice cream and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a few fresh mint leaves.