Herb Butter Recipe
How to make Herb Butter
You can flavour your butter however you like by adding a range of herbs and spices. In this recipe, we make a chilli and garlic butter, a dill butter and a chive, parsley and garlic butter.
- Remove butter from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature until soft.
- Place olive oil in a small saucepan and add garlic. Place over a low heat and gently cook the garlic for 15-20 minutes, or until just starting to colour. Remove garlic from oil and place on paper towel to cool. Once cooled, finely chop.
- Place 250g of butter in 3 separate bowls.
- Place the dill in your first bowl, the chilli and half the garlic and parsley in the second and the chives and remaining parsley and garlic in the third. Mix each well until fully combined.
- Cut a piece of baking paper 40cm long. Place a piece of cling wrap over the top of this. Roughly form the chilli and garlic butter into a ‘log’ and place on the piece of cling wrap. Use this to tightly form your log. Then roll the butter up tightly in the baking paper and twist each end to seal. Repeat for the remaining 2 flavours.
- Refrigerate overnight. Serve butter simply on toast or add to any meal for an extra bit of flavour.