Mexicana Grande Mocktail with Taco and Corn Recipe
How to Make Mexicana Grande Mocktail with Taco and Corn
- Add all the mocktail drink ingredients to a blender and puree until very smooth. Refrigerate overnight (to help to develop the flavors). When ready to serve, if it’s too thick, add more water.
- Make the salt for the rims of the glasses. Place the salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, celery salt and paprika in a mortar and pestle and crush to a fine consitency. Place salt mixture in a shallow dish. Make sure the dish is larger than the mouth of the glasses you are using.
- Run the lime around the rim of 2 very large mouthed glasses. Dip the rims into the salt mixture and turn to coat all around. Set glasses aside. Reserve leftover salt for Mexican Street Corn.
- Make the tacos, grilled corn and prawns. Set aside.
- For the tacos, use a small dessert plate and place it over the tortillas to cut 2 smaller, hand sized tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan on medium heat and gently fry the tortillas until lightly browned. Flip and lightly brown the other side. Remove the tortillas and while they are still hot and pliable, bend them in half and hang them over on the side of a fat rimmed bowl to form their shape. Let them cool.
- Prepare the taco fillings. Set aside until ready assemble.
- Prepare street corn. Spray the grill pan or bbq with oil and heat on high. Place corn cut side down on the grill for 5-10 minutes. While the corn is grilling, add some chopped coriander to the salt mixture. Set aside. Flip corn and grill the other side. Flip it once more and sprinkle the corn with the salt mixture. Remove from heat and grate some cheese over the top of each. Set aside.
- Prepare the prawns according to packet directions and once cooked through, thread 2 skewers with 6 prawns on each. Set aside.
- Fill the tacos and get all of your garnishes ready to assemble.
- Add ice to your salt rimmed glass and fill it with the mocktail drink mix.
- Garnish the drinks with the crispy tacos, Mexican street corn, skewered prawns, avocado wedge, lime wedges, celery, spring onion and skewered red chilis. Serve immediately.
Tip: Use the skewered prawns and street corn to add to your taco before eating.
Optional: Use fillings of your choice for the tacos. Add other garnishes to the drink, such as whole jalapeños, coriander sprigs, cucumber wedges, chunks of cheese or skewered cherry tomatoes.